miércoles, 22 de junio de 2011

Graduate position: Carleton U. Sexual Selection

I am looking for two or three new PhD students join my lab either in September 2011 or January 2012.
I want strong students who are interested in sexual selection, the evolution of acoustic mate attraction signaling, the evolution of mate choice, quantitative genetics of sexually selected traits, or quantifying mating preference functions within and across species.
My laboratory works with field crickets as model organisms. Details of some of the ongoing research in my lab can be found at www.carleton.ca/~sbertram.
Please contact me directly prior to applying to Carleton's PhD program.
Please include a CV, a short discussion about why you are interested in joining my laboratory, transcripts (can be unofficial) and contact information for at least two people who would be willing to provide a letter of recommendation.
At this time I am limited to hiring Canadian citizens or permanent residents (landed immigrants). Further, students need to be ready to enter a PhD program; due to an upcoming sabbatical I will not be able to hire MSc students until September 2013.

Sue Bertram, PhD
Associate Professor of Biology
Carleton University
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
K1S 5B6
Sue_Bertram@carleton.ca

No hay comentarios: